The mission of the Department of Nursing is to prepare graduates for professional positions as safe, competent and caring nurses to meet the health care needs of diverse populations.
- Provide quality learning experiences for nursing students that prepare graduates for entry level baccalaureate nursing practice or advanced nursing practice in a culturally diverse community.
- Provide multiple degree entry paths based on previous education and academic entrance criteria that support student achievement at a professional level.
- Serve as a regional nursing education center for Southern Colorado, by collaborating with local and regional health care agencies to provide nursing programs.
- Maintain educational excellence demonstrated by program status consistent with the Colorado Board of Nursing, national accrediting agency criteria and educational emphases on professional nursing standards.
- Provide a supportive and caring learning environment to address the learning needs of a diverse student population.
- Support role development responsive to the changing health care environment by redefining and maintaining competencies throughout one’s practice.
CSU-Pueblo Nursing Department
Cheryl Mincic, Admin Assistant II
Dr. Donna Wofford
Associate Dean of Nursing
Undergraduate (BSN) Coordinator
Dr. Joe Franta
Graduate (MSN) Coordinator
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Programs
Master of Science in Nursing Programs
Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society
Iota Pi Chapter
State Board Approval
The CSU-Pueblo Department of Nursing
baccalaureate educational program is
fully approved by the Colorado Board of Nursing.
Colorado Board of Nursing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
P: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing Website